Pastor Luke Ahrens
My Church Filled With God’s Power | The Power of Mutual Ministry
Text: 1 Corinthians 12:10d-11
1A) Quick review on Tongues: (v.10d)
• The Manifestation of Tongues: A Spirit inspired message of worship in a known or unknown, human or angelic, language leading to edification.
• The Manifestation of the Interpretation of Tongues: The Spirit enabled ability to interpret the message and/or the meaning of the message.
2A) The spiritual gift of tongues must build up/edify the people of God:
• Tongues can edify me personally. (v.14:4)
• Tongues can edify the church if interpreted-tongues then becomes like prophesy. (v.14:5)
• I must strive to excel in edifying the church. (v.14:12)
• I must prioritize mutual edification over personal expression. (vv.14:26-28, Eph. 4:1-3)
3A) Getting the Big Picture on Spiritual Gifts: (v.11)
• It is a privilege to be empowered by the Holy Spirit.
• It is a privilege to be included in the glorious, sovereign plan of the Holy Spirit.
Conclusion: We should celebrate and pursue the ministry of the Spirit in our personal lives and in our church with humility.